Do you want to take action in order to help prevent climate change and promote the preservation of biodiversity? Would you like to take part in volunteer work for a worthy and enjoyable cause? Are diplomacy and international relations something you really dig?
Well, look no further! Apply to work alongside us in this worthwhile endeavour!
Deadline: 15 March at midnight!
Climate change and environmental awareness are at the very heart of what we do at Les Climat’Optimistes, a youth movement operating on a 100% voluntary basis. Earth Overshoot Day and the Global Climate March on 8 September 2018 were the catalysts that got us up and running, and we wonder if you might want to run right alongside us!
Since our humble beginnings, we have sought to show that young people really can take green actions every day to help fight climate change, raise awareness and preserve biodiversity!
As the Climate Strike raged on several months ago, we were able to make contact with UNESCO (the UN organisation dedicated to education, science and culture) and act as a voice for young people by outlining our expectations for the sustainable future we all desire!
We’re on the hunt for an accomplished volunteer who can:
– Represent Les Climat’Optimistes at UNESCO meetings
– Actively respond to invitations and consultations organised by UNESCO
– Forge links with other associations engaged in dialogue with UNESCO
Who you are
– You’re a proficient orator who gets his/her point across
– You’re a people person and you know how to make a meaningful connection
– You possess a good understanding of international institutions
– You’re available to attend UNESCO meetings during the day on weekdays (essential!)
– Last, but certainly not least, you’re excited and enthusiastic about acting as a youthful voice on issues relating to climate change and biodiversity!
If you think this corresponds to your profile, then don’t delay and apply now!
No need for a CV or a cover letter, just fill out the application form below!
– Responsibilities undertaken on a 100% voluntary basis for a voluntary association
– The association is based in Paris
– Your activities as part of your role will take place in Paris
– Ideal profile: a student with a not-so-hectic schedule that will be free to attend UNESCO meetings as advised